search

Author Topic: Bend, OR  (Read 685 times)

Offline Men-in-Cleats

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Old Ale
Bend, OR
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
Going to be in Bend for the upcoming weekend with the family and hope to be able to hit a few brew spots although I'm not too optimistic I'll get to take too many stops.  I do hope to hit a couple of the bottle shops I wasn't able to get to last year when we went through there but will have to see.  Will end up owing beer this year for baseball so hopefully I can pick up something cool to throw in that box.  Totally psyched for this trip.   :pickle:

Offline thewimperoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
Re: Bend, OR
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »
Make sure to get some Ale Apothecary beers.
Dan

Online mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »
Going to be in Bend for the upcoming weekend with the family and hope to be able to hit a few brew spots although I'm not too optimistic I'll get to take too many stops.  I do hope to hit a couple of the bottle shops I wasn't able to get to last year when we went through there but will have to see.  Will end up owing beer this year for baseball so hopefully I can pick up something cool to throw in that box.  Totally psyched for this trip.   :pickle:

might as well pick up beers for football, too  :mellow:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:42:27 AM »
Hours are somewhat limited, but getting by Boneyard should be a priority... only samples at the brewery, you'll have to buy a growler, but its worth it
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline Men-in-Cleats

• TBS Founding Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50:25 AM »
Damn, got to sample quite a few different locals at restaurants but didn't make it to the bottle shop.  I had some Boneyard RPM IPA and a black ale from 10 Barrel and a couple of others but still haven't managed to get hold of any Ale Apothecary in two different trips there.  My wife is not easy to plan beer runs with as we always seem to be running late for some poorly planned agenda.  Did manage to get a pint and a growler from Good Times brewing as I helped a guy with a flat tire out on the trail and, despite protesting his need to reciprocate, I ended up with a gift card to that brewery.  It was a couple blocks from the bike shop I ended my ride at and after ordering up a pint and some lunch I find out that it was a $40 gift card, which was crazy.  Had enough left over to get myself a growler and was still a few bucks short of using it up.

One of these days I'll end up going up there with a group of riding friends and get to to more brew related stuff but still was nice getting into a new brewpub while having the wife and small fry along. 

Online mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »
My wife is not easy to plan beer runs with as we always seem to be running late for some poorly planned agenda. 

[mig]http://24.media.tumblr.com/e60d3f9643642607b47dc6cd5b5940f7/tumblr_mpybccLxCB1swoul4o1_500.gif[/img]
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 08:28:58 PM »
 :thumbdown:
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »
Damn, got to sample quite a few different locals at restaurants but didn't make it to the bottle shop.  I had some Boneyard RPM IPA and a black ale from 10 Barrel and a couple of others but still haven't managed to get hold of any Ale Apothecary in two different trips there.  My wife is not easy to plan beer runs with as we always seem to be running late for some poorly planned agenda.  Did manage to get a pint and a growler from Good Times brewing as I helped a guy with a flat tire out on the trail and, despite protesting his need to reciprocate, I ended up with a gift card to that brewery.  It was a couple blocks from the bike shop I ended my ride at and after ordering up a pint and some lunch I find out that it was a $40 gift card, which was crazy.  Had enough left over to get myself a growler and was still a few bucks short of using it up.

One of these days I'll end up going up there with a group of riding friends and get to to more brew related stuff but still was nice getting into a new brewpub while having the wife and small fry along.
There is a really good "crunchy" grocery that doubles as a great bottle shop, could help with the stealth approach... I think its called Newport Ave Market or something like that
non-conformists are all the same...