search

Author Topic: Cellaring in general  (Read 4460 times)

Offline deepsouth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Double IPA
Re: Cellaring in general
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »
I have a ton of barleywines and I've pretty much lost my taste for them.  :mellow:

i haven't completely lost my taste for them, but i probably have more than i need as well.

From now on, only Hardy's in the cellar for me, can't really stand old oxidized barleywines.
(still have one bottle each of the NG Barleywine & Iced BW, only because Dan Carey mentioned in an interview that they need a few more years still) :o:

do you know any more about the iced barleywine?  i found a couple bottles.  did they only do it one year?
[]P [] []\/[] []P

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
I have a ton of barleywines and I've pretty much lost my taste for them.  :mellow:

i haven't completely lost my taste for them, but i probably have more than i need as well.

From now on, only Hardy's in the cellar for me, can't really stand old oxidized barleywines.
(still have one bottle each of the NG Barleywine & Iced BW, only because Dan Carey mentioned in an interview that they need a few more years still) :o:

do you know any more about the iced barleywine?  i found a couple bottles.  did they only do it one year?
I've heard they won't do it again, because WI law can be interpreted in such a way that the icing process is considered distillation :rolleyes:
Unless NG starts a distillery too (or buys an additional license for one), they are steering clear due to the alcohol laws.

Offline deepsouth

• Double IPA
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2013, 03:34:28 PM »

I've heard they won't do it again, because WI law can be interpreted in such a way that the icing process is considered distillation :rolleyes:
Unless NG starts a distillery too (or buys an additional license for one), they are steering clear due to the alcohol laws.

ok, so that means that both bottles i have must be from the same year.  one label looks "older", but is the same label.
[]P [] []\/[] []P

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »

ok, so that means that both bottles i have must be from the same year.  one label looks "older", but is the same label.

The "Iced Barleywine" is older than "Barley Wine", I want to say it was 2009?

Offline deepsouth

• Double IPA
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

The "Iced Barleywine" is older than "Barley Wine", I want to say it was 2009?

right right.  the two bottles i have i definitely got before 2010.  i guess i'll drink one and save one.
[]P [] []\/[] []P