search

Author Topic: Terrapin  (Read 894 times)

Offline sunscar22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • IPA
Terrapin
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »
I'm most likely heading to Terrapin next Friday the 27th if any of you GA people want to join me. 

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
Re: Terrapin
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
Would love to meet and hang out, but I am not even remotely a Terrapin fan.  If you are going to be closer to Atlanta during your trip, let me know.

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
I'll spend one night in Decatur but the rest of the time in Athens.  Not a whole lot of time to separate from the fam though on this trip.  I fly out there twice a year so maybe one of my future trips we can meet up for a brew a little closer to you.  We have friends in Alpharetta and almost ended up moving there this summer. 

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »
I'll spend one night in Decatur but the rest of the time in Athens.  Not a whole lot of time to separate from the fam though on this trip.  I fly out there twice a year so maybe one of my future trips we can meet up for a brew a little closer to you.  We have friends in Alpharetta and almost ended up moving there this summer.

If you do not have plans to hang out with another group in Decatur and want a drinking buddy, let me know.  I might be able to make it depending on day/time.  If not, maybe we can work out a time for a future trip.

Alpharetta is an OK place to live.  There are a lot of snobby people who think they are rich but are really mortgaged to hell and back.  Outside of that, it isn't too bad.  :)

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
I'm spending the day with some family there so no time to get together this trip.  I live on the coast of California so I know what you mean about the people of Alpharetta.  My wife is from Athens and went to school in Dahlonega.  We have some friends there (Roswell) and we're coming out for their wedding this spring.  I'll probably have more free time on that trip. 

Offline everetends

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Barleywine
  • The flightless waterfowl of your nightmares.
    • Birmingham Craft Beer Examiner (aka me!)
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »
Although their beers are getting more and more meh it seems (fuck you Donnie for putting this in my head), I have always found hanging out at Terrapin and in Athens a great time. 
22:56:51 ‹Javit› :EXCITEDBONAR:
22:56:57 ‹Javit› keep it up gilly, keep it up

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »
Although their beers are getting more and more meh it seems (fuck you Donnie for putting this in my head), I have always found hanging out at Terrapin and in Athens a great time.

:txgtfo:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
Although their beers other than Wake and Bake are all meh (fuck you Donnie for putting this in my head), I have always found hanging out at Terrapin and in Athens a great time.

FTFY   :wub:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »

:kickrock:

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 09:16:48 AM »

So you coming by? 

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »

So you coming by?
I wish.  With being out of town for the last week and now having family in town, it is going to be impossible.  I really wish I could have gotten in another Athens trip before the move to Houston.  :kickrock: 

If you need any suggestions, hit me up. 

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • Foul balls are yours to keep.
    • Bootknocker Brewing Co.
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »
Although their beers other than Wake and Bake are all meh (fuck you Donnie for putting this in my head), I have always found hanging out at Terrapin and in Athens a great time.

I usually like So Fresh, & So Green, Green but haven't had many of their other beers in a while.
"Sometimes stunned silence is better than applause."

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »

:kickrock:

Y'know, you and Tara moving there may actually force me to pop my Texas trip cherry :wub:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »

I usually like So Fresh, & So Green, Green but haven't had many of their other beers in a while.

I will give them credit for that one being a decent beer.  It is not as good as many other fresh hops, but it is not turrible like most of the rest of their 22oz offerings either.  Even for the few beers from them I like, the pricing has kept me completely on the sidelines for the last year or two.

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 07:08:36 PM »
I ended up extremely disappointed.  Their year round stuff isn't bad and the So Fresh and So green was good but I feel like they are getting too crazy with flavoring their other beers.  The wake and bake had too much coffee (that's saying a lot for a guy who loves coffee stouts) the cinnamon wake and bake - too much cinnamon, and the white chocolate moohoo tasted like syrup. 

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
I ended up extremely disappointed.  Their year round stuff isn't bad and the So Fresh and So green was good but I feel like they are getting too crazy with flavoring their other beers.  The wake and bake had too much coffee (that's saying a lot for a guy who loves coffee stouts) the cinnamon wake and bake - too much cinnamon, and the white chocolate moohoo tasted like syrup.

You are now GBG's new best friend.   ;)  And I agree with you on all but the regular WnB.  Love that beer.  :wub:

Did you at least salvage your trip with a stop at Trappeze or Aromas? 

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »

You are now GBG's new best friend.   ;)  And I agree with you on all but the regular WnB.  Love that beer.  :wub:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a response typed up, but I decided it was just too much of a softball.   I have not had WnB this year (or last) due to the pricing, but I have historically liked it and I do not typically care for coffee beers.

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »

I didn't stop anywhere else but got to try some other beers not available in my area including one called "Silent Night" from Mother Earth brewing which was much pricier than I usually spend but gave it to myself as a present.  I forgot to mention that I did like the oaked big hoppy monster even though I think it's name is deceiving (not really hoppy). 

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »

I didn't stop anywhere else but got to try some other beers not available in my area including one called "Silent Night" from Mother Earth brewing which was much pricier than I usually spend but gave it to myself as a present.  I forgot to mention that I did like the oaked big hoppy monster even though I think it's name is deceiving (not really hoppy).

They ruined Big Hoppy Monster when they added the "Oaked" to the beer.  It used to be a solid, hoppy red ale.  Now . . . meh. 

Silent Night is limited release beer that sees some distribution.  People give it high praise and it's a good find.   :thumbup: