Beer Discussion > Cellaring

Bells Batch 9000

(1/3) > >>

emerge:
Here's a recent blog post about cellaring Batch 9000, reporting in at 6 month intervals.

Can't remember the last time I tried it, maybe a year ago, but it reminded me enough of Thomas Hardys to still keep a sixer of it.
Planning to try one later in the week, and see if it's indeed "on a slow and subtle decline."

Anyone had 9000 lately? Thoughts?

fRed Scare:
I've got 8 or 10 of them left, I think.  I was just eyeing them on Saturday night.

I'll have one this week and let you know how it's doing.  Last time I had one, it was getting really good.

emerge:

--- Quote from: tangfoot on November 04, 2013, 10:53:03 AM ---I've got 8 or 10 of them left, I think.  I was just eyeing them on Saturday night.

I'll have one this week and let you know how it's doing.  Last time I had one, it was getting really good.

--- End quote ---
Thought it was improving too when I last had it, but it's been so long now...
Hard to believe a beast like that is "declining", but that's just one blogger's opinion. We'll see  :banned:

emerge:
Still dranks pretty good :thumbup:

Very roasty and chocolatey, more than I remember, plus a dark fruit quality that was always there, dried cherry or currants.
Alcohol is present but isn't overwhelming, the sting is gone. Charry bitterness in the aftertaste. Really improves as it warms from cool to room temps.

Not going downhill at all imho :coffee:

chi_dave:
I've got a sixer left down in the basement. I should go grab one and find out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version