search

Author Topic: Une Année Brewery Expands in Chicago  (Read 794 times)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
Une Année Brewery Expands in Chicago
« on: September 26, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »

Une AnneeCHICAGO — Emerging craft beer producer, Une Année Brewery, announced plans today to expand the availability of its 100% artisanal ales. Launched in the Chicago market September 2013, the craft beer producer’s seasonally-focused French and Belgian style offerings are gaining a loyal local following, despite limited availability. On October 15, Une Année will be available at bars and restaurants throughout the greater Chicagoland area thanks to a new distribution agreement with Wirtz Beverage Illinois.

“Une Année was born out of a passion and respect for great beer. So, our plan is to make few beers, very well,” said Une Année Brewery Founder, Jerry Nelson. “Our company is young but it’s gaining a nice local following thanks to our devotion to the quality of our beers. Our new partnership with Wirtz Beverage is a great opportunity for us to get Une Année into even more people’s hands. We’re just getting started.”

Brewed in Chicago’s Kinzie Industrial Corridor, Une Année means ‘one year’ in French and underscores the brewer’s commitment to producing Belgian inspired ales annually, seasonally and quarterly. When its agreement with Wirtz Beverage begins, accounts within the Metro Chicago region will have greater access to Une Année’s original draught ales which currently include its flagship Maya Belgian IPA, Less is More Session Saison and limited-release collaboration The Devil’s Reign Belgian Golden-Strong. Two more beers will launch in its autumn lineup: Masquerade Tripel and Truth Against the World Autumn Saison.

“Jerry’s brewing philosophy is all about quality which is why a partnership is really appealing to us,” said Amy Gasca, Director of Craft Beer Sales, Wirtz Beverage Illinois. “We’re able to help them get off the ground from a business planning perspective while they can focus on making and perfecting really great beers. Craft beer lovers can expect many interesting things from Une Année.”

In the year ahead, Une Année plans to release new 100% artisanal offerings including yearly, single-batched and limited-release beer. The company is also has plans to bottle its beer.

About Une Année Brewery

Founded in early 2012, Une Année Brewery is a Chicago-based company focused on making great beer with an emphasis on Belgian and French styles. The company is known for its flagship ale, quarterly Saisons and monthly released single batch beers. To learn more about Une Année Brewery, visit the company’s website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. 

About Wirtz Beverage Illinois

Wirtz Beverage Illinois is the state’s most established alcohol beverage distributor with operations statewide serving premium wine, spirits and craft beer brands. The family-owned and operated company is an affiliate of Wirtz Beverage Group, one of the nation’s leading alcohol beverage distributors. With nearly $2 billion in annual sales and 2,500 employees, Wirtz Beverage Group has interests in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada and Wisconsin.  To learn more about Wirtz Beverage, visit its website at www.WirtzBev.com.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Une Année Brewery Expands in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:18:59 AM »
"It’s gaining a nice local following thanks to our devotion to the quality of our beers."
Haven't seen these anywhere yet, how is this possible? :confused:

"On October 15, Une Année will be available at bars and restaurants throughout the greater Chicagoland area."
I see they have 2 beers at 2 bars on beermenus :shrug:
Guess time will tell after Wirtz picks them up.

Offline rhoadsrage

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
Yeah they have several comments on untapped but they are close to my house so I will be excited if they ever get a tasting room.  There FAQ says only 25 % will be kegged the rest some cans/ some bottles.  There is no way a startup could afford a canning and bottling line so we will see what really happens. 

To be continued...
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."  --Mike Tyson

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 02:34:54 PM »
This is one of the few local breweries I haven't been to yet, think i'll go this weekend. Sketchbook has a new brewery/taproom in Skokie too, not too far away.

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »
This is one of the few local breweries I haven't been to yet, think i'll go this weekend. Sketchbook has a new brewery/taproom in Skokie too, not too far away.

Une Annee is pretty nice.  The bbq is solid as well. 

Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 03:59:29 PM »

Une Annee is pretty nice.  The bbq is solid as well.

Good to know, I didn't really have a food option nailed down yet. :thumbup: Also planning to hit a Russian deli, wish me luck.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 11:06:49 AM »
Dunno if I posted about it, but Une Année was just ok. Very nice space. Luckily they had a Pils on tap, otherwise I would have just had water. Sour beer I had was fruit vinegar, and the other taps were all double-digit ABV adjunct imperial stouts or the aforementioned vinegar sour stuff. BBQ was good not great.

Sketchbook (Skokie) on the other hand was pretty nice. Big open space with homey touches, shaded outdoor patio under old trees, live music playing in the brewery. Good variety of modern & traditional styles, just finished my last couple cans of their Schwarzbier last night. :banned:

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »
Good to know about Sketchbook.  I've only had 1 or 2 of their beers before, but can't remember them standing out. 

For Une Annee, the fresh Le Grande Monde stuff has been where I've found enjoyable beers.  Once they get past 9-12 months old, they get overly sour or vinegary.  The Le Seul series are usually overly sour, I definitely avoid those.  Same with the Hubbard's Cave pastry stouts, those are super BEETUS.  Agreed on the BBQ, it was solid but not outstanding the one time I had it.
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 10:05:24 PM »
Good to know about Sketchbook.  I've only had 1 or 2 of their beers before, but can't remember them standing out. 

For Une Annee, the fresh Le Grande Monde stuff has been where I've found enjoyable beers.  Once they get past 9-12 months old, they get overly sour or vinegary.  The Le Seul series are usually overly sour, I definitely avoid those.  Same with the Hubbard's Cave pastry stouts, those are super BEETUS.  Agreed on the BBQ, it was solid but not outstanding the one time I had it.

I bought a couple Le Grande Monde bottles to go, one was blackcurrant and vanilla, other was a wine BA oud bruin. Their labels and names/numbering is kind of confusing, it’s like they’re dated as quarterly annual reports or something. If they had those on tap at the brewery I might go back. $30 750’s are a rare splurge, and have been hit or miss for me.

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 10:17:07 PM »
The Black Currant Vanilla one is usually good.  Haven't had the 2021 version, but 2019 & 2020 were tasty when I've had them.
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 10:39:59 PM »
The Black Currant Vanilla one is usually good.  Haven't had the 2021 version, but 2019 & 2020 were tasty when I've had them.
That’s good to know. :thumbup: I think I looked up the reviews before I bought it, as $30 is way too much to blind buy. Maybe for Tilquin, but not Une Année. What ever happened to making Belgian-style beers anyway? He just went straight into the hype train styles as hard as possible.