search

Author Topic: Burnt Hickory Brewery in Kennesaw, GA  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Ratchet

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Pilsner
  • t: @RatchetBrews RatchetBrews.com
    • Ratchet Brews
Burnt Hickory Brewery in Kennesaw, GA
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
I did a beer run Saturday to Atlanta: http://wp.me/p1FrcQ-W2
t: @RatchetBrews
RatchetBrews.com
KnoxBeerCrew.com

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
Re: Burnt Hickory Brewery in Kennesaw, GA
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
There is seemingly no good way to get to Kennesaw from where I live even though it is really not that far.  I have yet to get over to Burnt Hickory.

I am surprised you did not swing by the new brewery in Alpharetta, Jekyll Brewing, while you were here.  I am not sure if they are open for tours yet, but there is also Blue Tarp in Decatur.

Offline Ratchet

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Pilsner
  • t: @RatchetBrews RatchetBrews.com
    • Ratchet Brews
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Yeah I wanted to but it was just a day trip, so we had to pick and choose our battles. Plus I was kind of at the mercy of the driver. Still a great time though. I highly recommend going to Burnt Hickory on tour days. So worth it, and an amazing crew of people and phenomenal beer.
t: @RatchetBrews
RatchetBrews.com
KnoxBeerCrew.com

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »
Yeah I wanted to but it was just a day trip, so we had to pick and choose our battles. Plus I was kind of at the mercy of the driver. Still a great time though. I highly recommend going to Burnt Hickory on tour days. So worth it, and an amazing crew of people and phenomenal beer.

I probably would have gone by now, but I have to admit one of the guys that owns the place has turned me off of wanting to go.  He comes off as a lunatic on the local beer mailing list.  I know a lot of people have talked about the beer being tasty, so I know I should get over that and go though.  If Kennesaw were not so difficult to get to, I probably would have.

I know John, he is in one of your shots, pretty well.  We have been at tastings together on many occasions.  Nice guy.  He seems to get out there pretty often.