search

Author Topic: Denver 8/15-19  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
    • Say it loud, say it proud!
Denver 8/15-19
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
Gonna be in town for the long weekend to catch Pretty Lights at Red Rocks.  Not sure if any TBSer's live in the area that want to meet up for some beers, or anyone have any non-traditional suggestions for bars and eateries to hit while in town.  I'll be staying just southwest of the city fairly close to the 6th Ave viaduct.
[younger35] 12:25 am: Just on weekends dick
[Squid] 12:25 am: you only have dick on weekends, younger?
[bakes] 12:25 am: Your dick wears a helmet on weekends?

Offline Oxymoron

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
Re: Denver 8/15-19
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:38:45 AM »
This is a really good reference...

http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/p/denver-area-breweries-map.html

Nice map and Dave does a good job with reviews and pushing Colorado craft beer.

Golden, which is near Red Rocks, is blowing up recently.  Golden City is kind of a hidden gem.  Hard to find (guess I can't talk much) but has been a good staple for a while.  Mountain Toad and Cannonball Creek are new and making some waves.  I have heard Mountain Toad is the better of the two but never tried either so take it for what its worth.  I know the brewer pretty well from Yak n Yeti.  Nice little brewpub for food and beer and isn't too far away from your general area.

Further east and closer to down town you have options.  There is a "brewmudia triangle" area that has a ton of options in a 30 mile radius.  Crooked Stave and Prost being the two bigger names.  But some other hidden gems as well.  Renegade, Strange, River North, Great Divide, TRVE depending on taste can be hit and miss.

Beyond that with time is Boulder - Avery, Upslope, Fate, West Flander etc.  South - Dry Dock, Copper Kettle, Hall etc. 

Liquor stores.  This one is easy.  Pretty much the best one around the area is Applejacks.  http://www.applejack.com/  Unless you get closer to down town (then its Argonauts) which is a bit more expensive.

Beer fest's.  And these are just random, ie if you have enough time and are interested.  I know of two that weekend (or at least 2 that we are involved, might be more)....

Ed Fest (http://www.crazymountainbrewery.com/third-annual-alpine-insurance-agency-ed-fest-beer-community-festival) in Edwards CO up in the hills.

Art and Ales (http://thewildlifeexperience.org/art-and-ale-brew-festival/). In Parker, which is south Denver.

I WISH I had more time to spend on beer spot  :cry: but been crazy busy.  If you have any more specific (or generic) questions, feel free to email me at A-A-Ron at grimmbrosbrewhouse dot com.

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:43:38 AM »
OH, maybe I should add that I will be slinging beer at Art and Ales.

BUT let me know any specific plans and I *might* be able to meet you up somewhere as well.

Offline t0rin0

• Pale Ale
  • Goodbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee Little Baby.
    • Beers sampled
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:21:07 PM »
Probably too early to thread jack since she hasnt even gone on this trip yet but I'll be in Fort Collins, Boulder, and Denver the week of GABF if anyone wants to grab a drink. I'll be with some Ratebeer guys so there will be brewery hopping and lots of it.
Respect the badge
He earned it with his blood
Fear the gun
Your sentence may be death because...

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 12:40:49 AM »
Probably too early to thread jack since she hasnt even gone on this trip yet but I'll be in Fort Collins, Boulder, and Denver the week of GABF if anyone wants to grab a drink. I'll be with some Ratebeer guys so there will be brewery hopping and lots of it.

Let me know I will be around.  Kind of a crazy week with ton's of events but at least they will all be beer related.   :popcorn:

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.

Offline Javit

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Old Ale
  • A wild rumpus!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
I'll be in Denver Aug 16-18, not sure if I'll be out and about though much. 
Yo lloré porque no tenía zapatos hasta que vi un niño que no tenía pies.
- Oswaldo Guayasamín

01:11:54 ‹everetends› you are a big, rigid boy

01:44:00 ‹everetends› I have huge balls

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »
OH, maybe I should add that I will be slinging beer at Art and Ales.

BUT let me know any specific plans and I *might* be able to meet you up somewhere as well.

I WISH we would have the time to come up North to your spot!  Right now we do not know if a car rental is in the plans for us, as public transportation and the party buses to RR are cheaper and "safer".  Same with the beer fests, the Wildlife one starts too late :(  We get in Thursday night, and have the 2 night shows Friday and Saturday night.  Sunday is our main "maybe bike, probably Denver, definitely not sleeping" day.  I plan on getting downtown at least one other afternoon before the shows, maybe Saturday. 

I'm mapping out all the places I want to hit while in town, thank you for the info!  If I'm lucky we can catch a quick one somewhere next weekend.

Offline t0rin0

• Pale Ale
  • Goodbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee Little Baby.
    • Beers sampled
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
Someone texted this to me last night, probably wont go as I'm already doing GABF sessions and want to hit a lot of the places around town.

https://www.facebook.com/events/612080345498323/

Ticket URLGet Tickets
 letsgetfunky.brownpapertickets.com
Description
Join us for the inaugural year of What The Funk?! an invitational festival showcasing all things barrel-aged, wild, sour, and funky. These beers push the boundaries of style, often blurring the lines between beer, wine, and spirits.

Every year there is an amazing gathering of brewers and aficionados for GABF and Denver Beer Week. This year we've thrown our hat into the ring to bring together some of our closest friends and brewers who are making exciting beers.

The plan was, invite 30(ish) brewers from across the US to pour their exciting barrel-aged and most creative beers in a forum where these beers are best spot lighted! With the brewers on hand to talk about the beers, this is sure to be a unique event amongst the many quality events throughout the week.

The following breweries will be joining us in 2013 for WTF?! ...with more brewers still to be announced..
Cascade Brewing
Jester King Brewery
Prairie Artisan Ales
Ale Apothecary
Yazoo Brewing Company
Perennial Artisan Ales
The Bruery
Block 15 Brewing Company
AC Golden Brewing Company
Gigantic Brewing Company
Evil Twin Brewing
De Garde Brewing
Hogshead Brewery
Oakshire Brewing
The Commons Brewery
Widmer Brothers Brewing
Side Project Brewing
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project - obvious I know..
*More brewers still to be announced

This will be a catered event with food provided by Jensen Cummings, Chef of the Slotted Spoon in Denver, CO. We are finalizing the goods with Jensen and will have more details soon.

Tickets go on sale September 3rd @ 10am MST. Set your clocks! Click on the link below to purchase tickets.

Please join us at the glorious Sherman Street Event Center
@ 1770 Sherman St. Denver, CO.
Friday, October 11th,
From 6pm-10pm
Respect the badge
He earned it with his blood
Fear the gun
Your sentence may be death because...

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 12:12:33 AM »
http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2013/08/crooked_stave_will_host_compet.php

There is some er chatter on this.  Some say that Crooked Stave is trying to derail GABF with this since they didn't get in (originally).  Never mind there are tons of other events/tasting etc during the whole week.

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2013/08/crooked_stave_will_host_compet.php

There is some er chatter on this.  Some say that Crooked Stave is trying to derail GABF with this since they didn't get in (originally).  Never mind there are tons of other events/tasting etc during the whole week.

I drank their galaxy hopped IPA all afternoon, it was glorious.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 10:57:13 AM »

$80 bucks!

Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43:00 AM »

$80 bucks!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  That is what I said

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »

$80 bucks!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  That is what I said
those that think this represents a derailing also falsely believe that the world revolves around sour beer.  sour beer is great, but I go to festivals for variety, I certainly would not pay $80 to drink the same kind of styles all day.
non-conformists are all the same...