search

Author Topic: Everywhere & In-Between: TTFest Redux: To Minnehaha and Beyond  (Read 2525 times)

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info

Where to start... Borrowedladder and I braved the rush hour traffic in Chicago to make it to TT's in Minny at a reasonable hour. We left around 4 and arrived at 11ish. Loaded up with plenty of supplies, once we got there the pork shoulder and brisket were just coming out of the oven :ohyeah: Realizing that setting up our tent in the dark would cut into precious drinking time, we opted to crash in the basement, aka the valley of snoring beasts... 

First beer of the night was Pineapple Exhaust (go big or go home). Woof. Then Bakes fell asleep. :old:

Around this time, Bob started ripping ass and it never let up. Deco posed with some encased meat, and we gorged ourselves on pulled pork and smoked sausage. Last beer of the night was Dark Lord, which got left out until morning somehow. 

In the morning we were treated to the breakfast stylings of Swagqueen, which was glorious. Smoked salmon, bacon & eggs, so good. 

Beers started off with Flower Child Berliner and EvilKeith lived up to his name with a Bolt Cutter. It had poured since the early morning, and some campers weren't so lucky. Keith was manning the mash paddle, dumping the excess water off of the main canopy. Howardf headed up a 9am b-double-e-double-r-u-n to Casanovas in the pouring rain. Golden Nugget growlers were acquired, as well as some Berliner. Chili was on the stove when we got back, and soon after the lambic brewing began in the garage. Borrowedladder and I made a saturday afternoon run for Surly and other locals at Blue Max & Heritage. I was happy to find some Olvalde Farm Rhubarb Saison and Indeed Daytripper, and A-A-Ron found a rare Springbank. 

Shot of a few happy campers and the local wildlife:

Once we got back, the brisket was nearly gone, but I scooped up a couple of remaining slices, and it was so tasty. In the garage the brewing was finishing up, and there were about a dozen empty bottles of lambic on the table. Luckily I got to try some Upland Persimmon & Sour Reserve, thanks to Deco and Howard (I think). Around this time we had a little charcuterie-palooza, all the George's stuff got unloaded (suva govedina, kulen), and Howard busted out his spicy cannonballs. We were dipping tortilla chips in the chili, which was tasty and brought the heat. Later we grilled up a couple dozen cevapi (lamb/beef kebab sausages) which got scarfed up in 15 minutes or less. Late afternoon we started passing beers around outside, which lasted late into the night. The rain held off and it was a great night. Nightcap for me was some of TT's Citra pale ale and everyone played numerous rounds of Cards Against Humanity. I crashed out first and luckily didn't wake up with drawn penises on my face. :unsure:

The next morning, Deco opened a breakfast kriek, which in hindsight wasn't the best idea that early on an unsteady empty stomach. Everybody said their goodbyes early and we headed to Key's to load up on breakfast. On the way back we hit a few stores and apparently avoided some hail outside of Madison. 

All in all an excellent TBS Fest weekend, looking forward to the next one already...

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
Re: Everywhere & In-Between: TTFest Redux: To Minnehaha and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 10:12:19 PM »
Does George's ship?  And what kind of kobasica was that?  The dry sausage with all the garlic.  It was good seeing you and A-A-Ron, and I can't wait for the next one :thumbup:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »
Does George's ship?  And what kind of kobasica was that?  The dry sausage with all the garlic.  It was good seeing you and A-A-Ron, and I can't wait for the next one :thumbup:

Speaking of...who's up?  There was some talk of a Tang-dipFest in Baltimore.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:31:45 AM »

Speaking of...who's up?  There was some talk of a Tang-dipFest in Baltimore.

I think my hat will be in the ring for the next midwest event, but I think it should leave the region next time.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
Twas a wonderful cornhole :cheers:

Not direct, but there are sites that do ship their packaged stuff as "George's Brand Meats". This looks like it, site is a little :confused: . Whois says owner is in Chicago though. List of all George's products.

The super long sausage was a Polish one, that I got from a local deli called J&J's. They def don't ship though.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:33 AM »

Not direct, but there are sites that do ship their packaged stuff as "George's Brand Meats". This looks like it, site is a little :confused: . Whois says owner is in Chicago though. List of all George's products.

The super long sausage was a Polish one, that I got from a local deli called J&J's. They def don't ship though.

This was the dry hard sausage that you put out with the summer sausage.  I recognized it immediately as kobasica, though my in-law's version is more hot and way less garlic.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »

This was the dry hard sausage that you put out with the summer sausage.  I recognized it immediately as kobasica, though my in-law's version is more hot and way less garlic.
Was it really dark colored? That one actually came from J&J also.

Offline thewimperoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »
Good stuff :thumbup:
Dan

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »

Howard has always been a fan of the long, dark, hard sausage.  :coffee:

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »

Says the guy who's on the hunt for beefy black men.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »

Half black, I believe - check my sig

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Half black, I believe - check my sig

Correct...and I said "kids" not men. BIG difference.