search

Author Topic: Get ready to learn about commercial hop growing in Wisconsin  (Read 652 times)

Offline fattymattybrewing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Malt Liquor
  • Life's too short to drink crappy beer!
    • Simple Earth Hops
Get ready to learn about commercial hop growing in Wisconsin
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »
Hi, Matt Sweeny here. I wanted to take a minute to invite any of you potential new or existing hop growers to an event I am producing this June to be held at my farm in Dodgeville, WI. Presenting a hop farming information event in Dodgeville, Wisconsin on Saturday, June 22, 2013 for hop growers called the 2013 Hop Growers Roundtable. Registration is $45 per person at http://2013hops.eventbrite.com/ - This event by Simple Earth Hops includes: two presentations from 9am-Noon on Sustainable Hopyard Establishment and Marketing Hops; a lunch reception at Noon-1pm and; a hop farming forum discussion with Rich Joseph and Dave Buss from the Wisconsin Hop Exchange from 1pm-3pm. Registration includes a beer pint glass for attendees to take home with refills throughout the event. Thanks for your time and cheers!
Wrangling hops for locavore brewers

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
Re: Get ready to learn about commercial hop growing in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
graphic is missing an 'E' in Dodgeville
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
Also: probably in the wrong forum.
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
Hi, Matt Sweeny here. I wanted to take a minute to invite any of you potential new or existing hop growers to an event I am producing this June to be held at my farm in Dodgeville, WI. Presenting a hop farming information event in Dodgeville, Wisconsin on Saturday, June 22, 2013 for hop growers called the 2013 Hop Growers Roundtable. Registration is $45 per person at http://2013hops.eventbrite.com/ - This event by Simple Earth Hops includes: two presentations from 9am-Noon on Sustainable Hopyard Establishment and Marketing Hops; a lunch reception at Noon-1pm and; a hop farming forum discussion with Rich Joseph and Dave Buss from the Wisconsin Hop Exchange from 1pm-3pm. Registration includes a beer pint glass for attendees to take home with refills throughout the event. Thanks for your time and cheers!

Let me know if you want this moved to the regional forum.  Wish I could make it.

Offline NFLMVP

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
    • NFLMVP's Trade References
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
My Great Great Grandfather farmed Hops in Sauk City, from 1867-1869.  It all fell apart due to pests or disease.
Take good care of your beer and your beer will take good care of you.