search

Author Topic: Ye Olde ***Official*** Lambic thread  (Read 39703 times)

Offline Javit

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Old Ale
  • A wild rumpus!
Re: Ye Olde ***Official*** Lambic thread
« Reply #1250 on: May 05, 2021, 08:58:40 PM »

Cuvée Oude Henri
Brouwerij Boon / Mikkeller
Oude Gueuze 7% ABV

Mikkeller's 5th collaboration with Brouwerij Boon.

This Oude Geuze consists of a blend of 1 and 3 year old lambic, that was aged on two special oak foeders which were originally used before by a French producer of a famous white bubbly wine. ⁠⠀

Bright gold with racing champagne streamers, a full head of billowing foam that rises above the rim of the glass. Lasting head retention and a thin collar around the edges. Sharp clarity, very active carbonation sustained over time.

Musty wet wood aroma first, eventually some citric acidity from lemon and apples, and a hint of maltiness is there too.

Fruity apple, pear, crabapple, lemony sourness, apple seeds lend a firm bitterness.

Frothy and effervescent with a lingering tannic bitterness that must be unique to the foeders that were selected. Medium bodied with a creamy texture, moderate acidity, very dry finish with a noticeable minerality. The suggestion of champagne is perceptible, though not a big component. The blend is unique though it's not wildly different from Boon's other Gueuze blends. This one was fun to try, I wonder what number the foeder is, and if it will later appear in the VAT series.

Wanna make a page for that one on the site too?  :lol:
Yo lloré porque no tenía zapatos hasta que vi un niño que no tenía pies.
- Oswaldo Guayasamín

01:11:54 ‹everetends› you are a big, rigid boy

01:44:00 ‹everetends› I have huge balls

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #1251 on: May 05, 2021, 09:48:29 PM »
[img width=500]https://i.imgur.com/BaEYumV.jpg[/img

Cuvée Oude Henri
Brouwerij Boon / Mikkeller
Oude Gueuze 7% ABV

Mikkeller's 5th collaboration with Brouwerij Boon.

This Oude Geuze consists of a blend of 1 and 3 year old lambic, that was aged on two special oak foeders which were originally used before by a French producer of a famous white bubbly wine. ⁠⠀

Bright gold with racing champagne streamers, a full head of billowing foam that rises above the rim of the glass. Lasting head retention and a thin collar around the edges. Sharp clarity, very active carbonation sustained over time.

Musty wet wood aroma first, eventually some citric acidity from lemon and apples, and a hint of maltiness is there too.

Fruity apple, pear, crabapple, lemony sourness, apple seeds lend a firm bitterness.

Frothy and effervescent with a lingering tannic bitterness that must be unique to the foeders that were selected. Medium bodied with a creamy texture, moderate acidity, very dry finish with a noticeable minerality. The suggestion of champagne is perceptible, though not a big component. The blend is unique though it's not wildly different from Boon's other Gueuze blends. This one was fun to try, I wonder what number the foeder is, and if it will later appear in the VAT series.

Wanna make a page for that one on the site too?  :lol:
Sure, I can make one. I think there’s another Mikkeller one missing, maybe the vermouth version?

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1252 on: May 07, 2021, 06:19:44 PM »
Happy Friday :ale:

Got picked for jury duty on Monday <_< <_<

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1253 on: May 21, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »

Recent article written by Jean Van Roy of Cantillon:
https://beerandbrewing.com/brewers-perspective-a-life-beneath-the-cobwebs/

Pretty cool, you definitely don't see articles from lambic brewers and blenders too often, if ever.
Lots of inside perspective, he describes a typical brew day and later the blending process. A really informative read. :thumbup:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1254 on: June 02, 2021, 04:33:42 PM »
Damn, 12 pages in this thread for 2020. Had a little more free time to nerd it up in here.  :nerd::cheers::nerd:

Looking forward to Boon Vat 31...might open this week.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1255 on: June 06, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »

Girardin Black Label 1882 (L) and Oude Lambiek (R).

Very nice unblended lambic, mellow and tart, no off flavors. The bottle was very oaky and more acidic than the straight lambic, i’d prefer it but it was nice to try side by side.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1256 on: June 10, 2021, 02:06:13 PM »
Tilquin is doing a Meerts project with assorted spent fruit/pomace that sounds interesting. :stalker:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1257 on: June 22, 2021, 12:33:40 PM »
Tilquin has installed a small brewing kit to start turbid mash brewing next season! :excited:
Heard about this a couple years back, and it's now a reality. Will be interesting to see how the house character develops.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQbbfZZr8vX/

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1258 on: June 26, 2021, 04:40:11 PM »
Belgian Smaak podcast recap of this year's Toer De Geuze "At Home". Abbreviated highlights, easy to put on and listen to while doing other things. Cool use of the material, as the videos are a bit long but also definitely worth seeing in the TDG archives.

https://www.belgiansmaak.com/ep028-day-1-toer-de-geuze-at-home-2021/

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1259 on: June 26, 2021, 05:59:35 PM »

Boon Oude Geuze A L’ancienne Vat 31

“ Boon Vat 31 Monoblend is a geuze aged in foeder #31 for 4 and a half years. It was brewed on November 30, 2015, and bottled on May 14, 2020. It was released in 375ml bottles and is labeled as 8.5% ABV.”

Saturated golden orange, some suspended micro-sediment, despite carefully opening and pouring slowly. Rapid carbonation visible, pulling up the sediment in the bottle as it's poured. Soufflé foam puffs above the rim, and crackles audibly as it settles slowly to a broken skim.

Aroma is deep and complex, a lot of woody spice from foeder #31, imparted over 4.5 years. Dried white grapes, musty oak, pencil shavings, bright lemon, brie rind.

Juicy and fruity, white wine grapes, lemon, and grapefruit. A persistent lingering dry bitterness in the finish. The woody character is more pronounced here, and certainly a feature. More depth and character to the aroma and taste, with zero oxidation. Very effervescent, bubbly and light due to the higher carb level. The lambic itself is medium bodied with a more substantial feel. Overall the additional aging results in more complexity, and is interesting to try. Do a side by side with Boon Oude Geuze, and the unique qualities of the 4.5 year old lambic will appear stark in contrast.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1260 on: July 06, 2021, 09:31:58 AM »
I'm a little backed up... :unsure: Keep buying lagers, and the occasional hoppy that I prioritize over the lambic stash.

Tilquin and Girardin in the queueue... :ale: :ale: Picked up more over the weekend.
Also got some Jasper Hill Hartwell to bring the noise and/or funk.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1261 on: July 28, 2021, 11:37:58 AM »
I don’t have high hopes for the Timmermans Guinness blend. It’s 2 different Guinness  beers blended with the Oude Kriek. Sounds like very little lambic. Plus, I don’t like sour stouts but I got it to try.

Update? Did you ever end up drinking this? :popcorn:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1262 on: July 28, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »
Tilquin Pinot Gris tonight, I liked this better fresh I think. Decanting and blending the sediment does get more depth of fruit flavor, almost like an orange wine with a lot of tannic skins.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #1263 on: July 29, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »
I don’t have high hopes for the Timmermans Guinness blend. It’s 2 different Guinness  beers blended with the Oude Kriek. Sounds like very little lambic. Plus, I don’t like sour stouts but I got it to try.

Oh man. Opened this at tasting (RedScare was there). It sucked. Tasted like an infected stout. I’m not a fan of sour stouts and now I can say I’m not a fan of stout and lambic blends. The Tilquin Rullquin is much better but that beer isn’t something I ever want to revisit either.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1264 on: July 29, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »

Oh man. Opened this at tasting (RedScare was there). It sucked. Tasted like an infected stout. I’m not a fan of sour stouts and now I can say I’m not a fan of stout and lambic blends. The Tilquin Rullquin is much better but that beer isn’t something I ever want to revisit either.
Bummer. Rullquin is ok, but i'm not a big fan either. Oddly enough the Mure Rullquin is really excellent. Wonder if I could blend my own with Mure and Rullquin separately... :P

Offline thewimperoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #1265 on: August 13, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »
Chicago shut out on Zwanze Day locations :sadtrombone:
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1266 on: August 13, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »

:kickrock:

Honestly this one doesn’t appeal much to me, orange and vanilla.
Maybe Elkader is in the cards this year.

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #1267 on: August 13, 2021, 12:47:57 PM »
Zwanze is coming to the Veil here in RVA again.  Probably not going to go drink beer in a crowded bar until my kids can get vaccinated so if I bring something home they’ll have some protection, but man, Zwanze day here twice and I might not make either?  Younger me would be ashamed.

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #1268 on: August 13, 2021, 01:00:00 PM »

Iowa and Michigan were shut out too.  Side Project and Holy Grale in Louisville are the closest locations for us.
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1269 on: August 13, 2021, 01:06:18 PM »

Iowa and Michigan were shut out too.  Side Project and Holy Grale in Louisville are the closest locations for us.
Extra boo.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #1270 on: August 13, 2021, 01:16:48 PM »
That reminds me. I stumbled across this.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #1271 on: August 13, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »
Jester King always gets it, but I've never gotten to go. Usually there is a lottery for tickets or a long line.  :shrug:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1272 on: August 16, 2021, 11:08:10 PM »
Had a Tilquin Cassis 2018-2019 and Mûre 2019-2020 yesterday, and the Cassis was so much better. Vinous with a ton of depth.

Offline Javit

• Old Ale
  • A wild rumpus!
« Reply #1273 on: August 18, 2021, 01:19:15 AM »

There’s no vanilla in it and it’s amazing. Probably the best Zwanze in years. Tasted it the day it was blended + its constituent parts + a test blend bottle with a slightly different blend ratio.
Yo lloré porque no tenía zapatos hasta que vi un niño que no tenía pies.
- Oswaldo Guayasamín

01:11:54 ‹everetends› you are a big, rigid boy

01:44:00 ‹everetends› I have huge balls

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1274 on: August 18, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »

There’s no vanilla in it and it’s amazing. Probably the best Zwanze in years. Tasted it the day it was blended + its constituent parts + a test blend bottle with a slightly different blend ratio.
That's cool. Zwanze is always worth trying. I had just skimmed the description and got hung up on the Parasol name being inspired by an orange soft drink and thought of Orange Julius or something. Sounds like Zwanze Day isn't in the cards here this year. Wonder what happened with Hopleaf? Oh well. :kickrock:

"Here at Cantillon, we’re no strangers to experimentation. In the early 50’s, Paul Cantillon tried blending Lambic and oranges. The result wasn’t exactly spectacular.

The refermentation in the bottles was so strong, that the brewery workers at the time were forced to sprint past the bottles through the cellar in order to avoid being hit by popping corks and drenched in beer. Our grandfather Marcel Cantillon loved this story, and often loved to tell it to us as children.

So 70 years later, inspired by our great-grandfather, we’ve made a special blend of Lambic and citrus (a blend featuring mostly oranges) in his honor.

The acidity of the beer and the fruit and the freshness of the citrus in contrast to the bitterness of their zests makes for a particularly thirst-quenching Zwanze. The name Parasol will remind my fellow Belgians of a certain age of the orange-flavored soft-drink of the same name we used to drink back in the day. "

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #1275 on: August 19, 2021, 09:57:02 AM »
I've never been to a Zwanze Day but maybe this year is the best time to go with (maybe) less people attending. My closest options are Monk's Cafe in Philly or The Sovereign in DC. Neither is a great option.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1276 on: August 19, 2021, 09:59:30 AM »
I've never been to a Zwanze Day but maybe this year is the best time to go with (maybe) less people attending. My closest options are Monk's Cafe in Philly or The Sovereign in DC. Neither is a great option.

Every place is different, but some of the veteran venues probably have it figured out by now. Monk's is pretty damn tiny though.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #1277 on: August 19, 2021, 10:09:57 AM »

Every place is different, but some of the veteran venues probably have it figured out by now. Monk's is pretty damn tiny though.
I love Monks but I hate beer bros. I am going to think hard about it this year. Probably aim for The Sovereign if I do go.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1278 on: August 19, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »

I love Monks but I hate beer bros. I am going to think hard about it this year. Probably aim for The Sovereign if I do go.

If they do a ticketed event, that may be the best way. Regulates the crowd and rations out the drafts so there's enough to go around.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1279 on: September 01, 2021, 10:10:18 AM »
This description of a beer being poured at the Zythos Beer Festiva has me drooling:

The Gimmick of the Festival award goes to Girardin, and again it was an Oude Gueuze they were serving. Only somewhere they'd managed to get hold of your actual Randall The Enamel Animal, still bearing the Dogfish Head logo on its exterior. The tube had been stuffed with Nelson Sauvin and it had a wonderful effect on the dark gold lambic, adding a whiff of white grape flavour to proceedings along with a tiny extra acidic bite. The possibilities created by this sort of thing are immense. Let's get more Randalls into the hands of lambic producers.

from: http://thebeernut.blogspot.com/2013/05/all-of-belgium-all-at-once.html?utm_source=feedly

That sounds awesome. :excited:

Took a few years, but i'll be attempting this soon with a box of Oud Beersel oude lambiek and some fresh Columbus/Centennial. :excited:

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #1280 on: September 01, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »
This description of a beer being poured at the Zythos Beer Festiva has me drooling:

The Gimmick of the Festival award goes to Girardin, and again it was an Oude Gueuze they were serving. Only somewhere they'd managed to get hold of your actual Randall The Enamel Animal, still bearing the Dogfish Head logo on its exterior. The tube had been stuffed with Nelson Sauvin and it had a wonderful effect on the dark gold lambic, adding a whiff of white grape flavour to proceedings along with a tiny extra acidic bite. The possibilities created by this sort of thing are immense. Let's get more Randalls into the hands of lambic producers.

from: http://thebeernut.blogspot.com/2013/05/all-of-belgium-all-at-once.html?utm_source=feedly

Took a few years, but i'll be attempting this soon with a box of Oud Beersel oude lambiek and some fresh Columbus/Centennial. :excited:

Nice!

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1281 on: September 28, 2021, 10:11:10 PM »

Nice!
Sad update: tapped the lambic box and it’s brown and oxidized. :thumbdown: Fresh hops didn’t help much. Also tapped the Kriekenlambic, which tastes great but the valve leaks. These both were great the first time, dunno what happened.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1282 on: October 01, 2021, 08:35:39 PM »
Celebrating our 10th anniversary with this 2011 Boon Mariage Parfait. :wub: :cheers:

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #1283 on: October 01, 2021, 08:41:50 PM »
I like it  :cheers:

Cool way to do it.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1284 on: October 01, 2021, 08:48:51 PM »
I like it  :cheers:

Cool way to do it.

Also replaced a water heater today, which is decidedly uncool but made my wife happy. :cheers:

It’s pretty mellow with honey notes, light briny lemon tartness, more pronounced oak than usual for Boon, and spritzy carb. Some of the past ones have been super funky in a good way, but sometimes hit or miss. This was a good one.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1285 on: October 11, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »
Finished a 3L box of Oud Beersel Kriekenlambiek today. :wine: Really tasty, like a cranberry cherry wine with some lemon peel. Sadly I had to toss the Oude Vieux Lambiek box, it just sucked. >:(

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #1286 on: October 28, 2021, 10:11:32 AM »
@emerge since is PM box is full.

The Open Bottle had Tilquin 10th Anniversary bottles available yesterday.  $54.99 750ml  :mellow:

Hopefully that means some other stores will be getting it too.  Mirabelle 375ml seem to be around too.  Saw WLV's ghost instagram posted about them in addition to the Open Bottle.
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1287 on: October 28, 2021, 10:12:58 AM »
@emerge since is PM box is full.

The Open Bottle had Tilquin 10th Anniversary bottles available yesterday.  $54.99 750ml  :mellow:

Hopefully that means some other stores will be getting it too.  Mirabelle 375ml seem to be around too.  Saw WLV's ghost instagram posted about them in addition to the Open Bottle.

Thanks! Yeesh, that's steep. Will see what I can find :thumbup:

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #1288 on: October 28, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
Sadly I had to toss the Oude Vieux Lambiek box, it just sucked. >:(
I remember posting about this a while back. I said I picked up fecal (one of the first time I got some shit  :)  for using that term). But tossing the whole box? Didn't want to blend it?

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1289 on: October 28, 2021, 10:01:02 PM »
Sadly I had to toss the Oude Vieux Lambiek box, it just sucked. >:(
I remember posting about this a while back. I said I picked up fecal (one of the first time I got some shit  :)  for using that term). But tossing the whole box? Didn't want to blend it?

It was brown and oxidized, tasted like old beer left out overnight. The packaging was likely compromised somehow, it was still in code. Several people tried it and didn’t finish it. The original plan was to wet hop it, which didn’t help it either. It was half empty and I tossed the bag in the freezer.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1290 on: November 10, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »
Tilquin Gewürzt was amazing! Had a friend share one, don't think it's shown up here yet. Huge tropical flavors. Keep your eyes peeled for the pink label :stalker:

Also

Update to this, while they were shut out for Zwanze, Schera's is planning an eventual Lambic Fest that keeps getting pushed back due to shipping delays. Currently their calendar just says "winter 2021". May have to go up for it, if it ever gets scheduled.

"Winter, 2021 -- Elkader Lambic Fest. Noon-5pm. Tickets required. No regular service that day. Details TBD."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 10:59:40 AM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1291 on: November 10, 2021, 11:13:19 AM »
Missed this one earlier. A Brussels mushroom grower uses organic spent grain from Cantillon as substrate for growing mushrooms. Pretty cool :thumbup:

https://www.beercity.brussels/home/2017/brussels-beer-food-champignons-bruxelles-cantillon

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1292 on: November 12, 2021, 05:43:12 PM »
Door to door in Pajottenland: Hanssens
Lorenzo "KUASKA" Dabove.  Feb. 6, 2019

Another long read from the "Prince of Pajottenland", this one has some interesting insights.

(Hanssens) continues to produce, with conflicting opinions, the Oudbeitje, born in 2000 and bottled since 2001 with the addition of 150 kilos of Belgian strawberries for each 600-liter barrel containing a blend of lambic from Girardin and Boon. I used the word "discordant" as people whom I respect very much, dear friends and colleagues such as the Flemish Joris Pattyn and the Swiss Laurent Mousson find the first excellent, and the second bad. For the record I find it undrinkable with hints of hints of infant vomiting. Finally, it would not be honest for me not to touch the delicate topic of the acetic perception threshold which, especially a decade ago, began to be too high, making it difficult, if not impossible, to drink even the most inveterate and manic "sour drinker" of the world.

BL> Ever get "babysick" from Oudbeitje? Can't say I ever have. It's definitely "out there" and extreme, but i've always enjoyed it.

He also teases the news that was later confirmed at TDG last year, that they have a ton of new barrels at Hanssens, which should eliminate their ongoing battles with acetic acid.

Maybe it's partially google translate, but I like this guy's writing style. Kind of irreverent and deeply personal, always "out there" but with lots of great stories.

Here's another long read, this one about visiting Girardin:

Door to Door in Pajottenland: Girardin

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #1293 on: November 12, 2021, 06:58:05 PM »
Grabbed 4 bottles of 3F Oude Kriek 19-20 375ml today.  Passed on the Hommage 750ml at $54.  Hoping that we get some 19-20 Oude Geuze or Armand Gaston soon.  It was still 18-19 bottles that I am decently stocked up on.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 07:22:12 PM by thewimperoo »
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1294 on: November 12, 2021, 07:04:07 PM »
Nice, I almost got some but then saw that PX and passed. Someone said they thought they saw PX 375’s, but they were the regular.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #1295 on: November 14, 2021, 10:47:15 AM »
Maybe it's partially google translate, but I like this guy's writing style. Kind of irreverent and deeply personal, always "out there" but with lots of great stories.

The writing is interesting. And the content is definitely surprising.

The last time I went to Girardin, I took four dear friends with me, my assistant Anna Borrelli and her partner Pier, my psychologist Giuliana Ponta and my lawyer Rita Marinone.
wtf  :confused:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1296 on: November 14, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »

The writing is interesting. And the content is definitely surprising.

The last time I went to Girardin, I took four dear friends with me, my assistant Anna Borrelli and her partner Pier, my psychologist Giuliana Ponta and my lawyer Rita Marinone.
wtf  :confused:

:lol:
I had the same reaction, pretty funny. :blink:
He has long articles about most of the older lambic producers on there, just have to google translate the page links. Interesting and often wacky reads. :D

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1297 on: December 03, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »
Well, this was unexpected. Brussels Beer Project opens a lambic brewery. :o: :popcorn:

https://www.beercity.brussels/home/2021/where-are-you-from-brussels-beer-project-launches-their-lambic-brewery

"Their Dansaert facility has brewed its last “clean” beer (an imperial dry-hopped saison stout). With BBP’s new Port Sud brewery in Anderlecht going online in a few weeks, they are turning their central Brussels location into a spontaneous and mixed fermentation brewery."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:15:19 PM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #1298 on: December 03, 2021, 04:23:53 PM »
Quote from: Free Will Brewing Co.
"This black ale fermented with our own sour culture on top of second use cherries in the traditional style of a kriek lambic" :blink: :lol:

Reminds me of that "lambic stout" posted awhile back, but this one is pure misinformation.

I know grappa and marc are made from fermented must and pomace but are there wines that are made this way?  If there is second runnings beer there would be second runnings wine, no?

Piquette is made by adding water to grape pomace. Took me 5 years to think of it. :D

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #1299 on: December 03, 2021, 04:36:33 PM »
Well, this was unexpected. Brussels Beer Project opens a lambic brewery. :o: :popcorn:

https://www.beercity.brussels/home/2021/where-are-you-from-brussels-beer-project-launches-their-lambic-brewery

"Their Dansaert facility has brewed its last “clean” beer (an imperial dry-hopped saison stout). With BBP’s new Port Sud brewery in Anderlecht going online in a few weeks, they are turning their central Brussels location into a spontaneous and mixed fermentation brewery."
I wonder if they will make overpriced bottles or actually affordable beer.