Beer Discussion > Beer Talk

***OFFICIAL*** Beer Talk thread - for talking about beers

<< < (742/750) > >>

stoney:
Couldn't wait any longer.

Dovetail Helles Lager, 16 ounce can, dated 07.16.20.

Lively carbonation, very tiny bubbles, luscious head of creamy white.

Very slight breadiness with a trace of lemon zest. Dry and slightly bitter, surprisingly bitter for the style, which trends toward sweet.

Excellent retention. Clean, crisp and massively refreshing on a late August day.

Outstanding.

borrowedladder:

--- Quote from: stoney on August 20, 2020, 12:44:01 PM ---Couldn't wait any longer.

Dovetail Helles Lager, 16 ounce can, dated 07.16.20.

Lively carbonation, very tiny bubbles, luscious head of creamy white.

Very slight breadiness with a trace of lemon zest. Dry and slightly bitter, surprisingly bitter for the style, which trends toward sweet.

Excellent retention. Clean, crisp and massively refreshing on a late August day.

Outstanding.

--- End quote ---

Few beers I can drink all day. This is one.

Alert:  I bought their Festbier yesterday and it was ridden with diacetyl.  I am very sensitive to it so maybe you will have a different experience.  A shame as the underlying beer was quite good.  In fact, better than some other years where there was some weird fruitiness.  Oh well.

stoney:

--- Quote from: borrowedladder on August 20, 2020, 01:03:56 PM ---
Alert:  I bought their Festbier yesterday and it was ridden with diacetyl.

--- End quote ---

BUMMER.

And now, a Dovetail Vienna Lager.  :excited:

stoney:
Dovetail Vienna Lager, 16 ounce can, dated 07.09.20.

Golden amber, plenty of carbonation, with a velvety head of eggshell white. Just a trace of sediment at the finish of the pour.

Toasted bread crust, caramel malt, curious twinge of tartness around the edges of the tongue.

Moderately dry, clean, caramelly finish with one again, that curious, but pleasing, twinge of tartness.

Excellent version of a fairly unusual (and difficult?) style. A Vienna lager that pours easily into this Austrian belly.

A most delightful 32 ounce (Helles + Vienna) liquid lunch.

emerge:

--- Quote from: borrowedladder on August 20, 2020, 01:03:56 PM ---
Alert:  I bought their Festbier yesterday and it was ridden with diacetyl.

--- End quote ---
:bag:

Haven't tried the latest Festbier yet, but i'll have a second opinion by tonight...  :unsure::ale:

--- Quote from: stoney on August 20, 2020, 01:48:28 PM ---Dovetail Vienna Lager, 16 ounce can, dated 07.09.20.

Golden amber, plenty of carbonation, with a velvety head of eggshell white. Just a trace of sediment at the finish of the pour.

Toasted bread crust, caramel malt, curious twinge of tartness around the edges of the tongue.

Moderately dry, clean, caramelly finish with one again, that curious, but pleasing, twinge of tartness.

Excellent version of a fairly unusual (and difficult?) style. A Vienna lager that pours easily into this Austrian belly.

A most delightful 32 ounce (Helles + Vienna) liquid lunch.

--- End quote ---

Cheers, Stoney! :cheers: :ale:
I do get a little astringency with their beers sometimes, and chalk it up to their open fermentation/coolship practice, even though it's not *supposed to* affect the beer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version