Beer Discussion > Beer Talk

***OFFICIAL*** Beer Talk thread - for talking about beers

<< < (629/631) > >>

borrowedladder:
I had Two Hearted yesterday.  Different from what I remember but still great.

emerge:

--- Quote from: borrowedladder on September 12, 2019, 01:22:20 PM ---Also, I had the 2018 Schaarbeekse Kriek from Boon.  Very, very good and well worth the affordable price.

--- End quote ---

But not on draft ;)

borrowedladder:

--- Quote from: emerge on September 24, 2019, 03:14:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: borrowedladder on September 12, 2019, 01:22:20 PM ---Also, I had the 2018 Schaarbeekse Kriek from Boon.  Very, very good and well worth the affordable price.

--- End quote ---

But not on draft ;)

--- End quote ---

Right.  These were bottles.  I was at Hopleaf and they had it on draft but I did not get any.

emerge:

--- Quote from: borrowedladder on September 24, 2019, 08:01:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: emerge on September 24, 2019, 03:14:38 PM ---

--- End quote ---

But not on draft ;)

--- End quote ---

Right.  These were bottles.  I was at Hopleaf and they had it on draft but I did not get any.

--- End quote ---
I'm going today and tomorrow. :mellow:
Will skip on Sat. for other drafts, Cantillon and Girardin, etc. Gotta save some real estate downstairs and cash.

emerge:
Went to the Flanders Red & Oud Bruin seminar at Hopleaf yesterday, it went well. Much more discussion of the beers being tasted, and less general misinformation than the lambic seminar. The main theory was that these styles are endangered, they aren't popular or even well-known in Belgium, and that the demand from the US market and abroad is barely keeping them afloat.

We tasted Bockor Oud Bruin, Rodenbach Alexander, Jacobins Rouge, Verhaghe Vichtenaar, Petrus Aged Pale, La Folie 2015, and Blue Island Gothic Funk.

Had the Girardin Oud Lambiek (correct beer this time) and I think the Lindemans was better the night before. Girardin had a little butterscotch diacetyl going on.

Kriek de Jacobins and Cuvee Freddy - Sofie edition were both very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version