search

Author Topic: Brac in Atlanta-area v3.0  (Read 1067 times)

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
Brac in Atlanta-area v3.0
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »
Check in is on Dec. 14 and check out is on the 18.  We are staying in Decatur, GA, just around the corner from The Brick Store.  I will have a little more latitude to stay out since we will have family in town and I can walk to and from TBS, but I will still have a family obligation to keep.  Beerdad and timmythekidd (my brother-in-law that has an account but appears to never have used it) will be with me, so there will be beer drinking planned already.  I will certainly get in touch with Lee to see if he is going to be around.  If folks are going to come out while I'm there, maybe we can get him to open the cellar again for a tasting.  There will be some Florida goodies coming up and i will be bringing some goodies down.  I just wanted to get this out there early to see if there is interest in our usual get-together.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:09:44 PM by braconid »

Offline everetends

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Barleywine
  • The flightless waterfowl of your nightmares.
    • Birmingham Craft Beer Examiner (aka me!)
Re: Brac in Atlanta-area v3.0
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
:banana: 
22:56:51 ‹Javit› :EXCITEDBONAR:
22:56:57 ‹Javit› keep it up gilly, keep it up

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
Joan's 50th is on the 20th, I'm hoping to throw her a party or two on the surrounding weekends... might consider doing one close to Atlanta
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Seriously pissed off at my wife right now...   :hot: :rant: :hot: :rant: :hot: :rant:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:44:05 PM »
Seriously pissed off at my wife right now...   :hot: :rant: :hot: :rant: :hot: :rant:

:mellow:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »

I told her back when Brac started this thread about that weekend so she would put it on her calendar.  Did that actually occur? Hell no!

Now she has reservations at a hotel for that weekend to visit a friend of hers and she is not taking the kids.  So now I have to scramble to find a babysitter for the day.  So it will probably cost me a couple hundred bucks to hang out with you guys all day *if* I can actually find someone that is available for the day.  Likely only one is the very religious woman we know.  I am sure coming home drunk will go over really well with her.

We need to nail down what we want to do for the day so I can figure out times for the sitter.

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:28 AM »

I told her back when Brac started this thread about that weekend so she would put it on her calendar.  Did that actually occur? Hell no!

Now she has reservations at a hotel for that weekend to visit a friend of hers and she is not taking the kids.  So now I have to scramble to find a babysitter for the day.  So it will probably cost me a couple hundred bucks to hang out with you guys all day *if* I can actually find someone that is available for the day.  Likely only one is the very religious woman we know.  I am sure coming home drunk will go over really well with her.

We need to nail down what we want to do for the day so I can figure out times for the sitter.

Sounds like a mess.  Just remember to remind her she only gets three strikes and then you are going to have to cut her loose.   :coffee:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

Sounds like a mess.  Just remember to remind her she only gets three strikes and then you are going to have to cut her loose.   :coffee:

We just had a shouting match this morning about this being the 3rd time this has happened.   An Old Rabbit's Foot release, Bracfest, and now this one.  I guess it is time to cut her loose.

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
Looks like crisis is averted although I do not even know how much it is going to cost me.  Sitter should show up around 1pm on the 15th.  Depending on how I end up deciding to go into the city, I should be able to be there around 2. 

Do not have to be back home until noon on the 16th.  I think that will give us some time for drinking and allow me to sober up before making it back home.  I guess I need to look for a hotel room too now though.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
I am working on details with bracwife to keep everyone (her) happy.  I know I have 100% freedom after bedtime, but I will also work on seeing what I can wrangle before that as well.  I told her today that I will want to see about us all doing lunch that afternoon and then maybe catching up again when the kids are sleeping. 

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
I thought you had free reign that day due to the added help.  Are the in-laws still coming up with you?

Offline ender

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
  • Location: Kicking your asses at SFV and have a summer home in pandora
  • Putting in the hardest work of all, caring...
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 07:59:38 AM »
best get kathleen over here, this thread is starting to derail.
rhyder74 on ps4.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »
So, we've figured some of this out.  Saturday, we'll do a late lunch and beers at Voodoo (I think) and then do beers around the corner at The Porter (those might reverse too).  My inlaws will watch the kids for a few hours, so that will give us a chance to eat, drink, and socialize, bracwife included.  Post lunch, back to the hotel for more beers and you all get to meet my inlaws and BIL and the such.  I'll bring growlers of TIPA, a few bottles from the cache, and some drinking glassware with me.  After we do that, we can move over to BSP for evening festivities with a required side trip to the burrito place for some stomach refilling.  I am also sure that we can let the day develop as it will when we start the ball rolling.

All in favor?

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
So, we've figured some of this out.  Saturday, we'll do a late lunch and beers at Voodoo (I think) and then do beers around the corner at The Porter (those might reverse too).  My inlaws will watch the kids for a few hours, so that will give us a chance to eat, drink, and socialize, bracwife included.  Post lunch, back to the hotel for more beers and you all get to meet my inlaws and BIL and the such.  I'll bring growlers of TIPA, a few bottles from the cache, and some drinking glassware with me.  After we do that, we can move over to BSP for evening festivities with a required side trip to the burrito place for some stomach refilling.  I am also sure that we can let the day develop as it will when we start the ball rolling.

All in favor?

Sounds good.  FYI, the name of the place is the Vortex.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »

All in favor?

:thumbup:  I was pretty sure I was wrong when I typed it.

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »

All in favor?

BTW, the Vortex has a long list of rules for the establishment.  Most are the usual "don't be a dick" schtick that comes along with a bar, but they do have some regulations that may take some people aback (such as they don't allow kids and they do allow smoking in the bar).  Here's the whole rules list: 

http://static.shopify.com/s/files/1/0147/1442/t/1/assets/WebEtiquette.10_12_1.pdf

If any of this proves to be an issue for anyone in our party, we may need to plan accordingly for another lunch spot. 

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »

All in favor?

BTW, the Vortex has a long list of rules for the establishment.  Most are the usual "don't be a dick" schtick that comes along with a bar, but they do have some regulations that may take some people aback (such as they don't allow kids and they do allow smoking in the bar).  Here's the whole rules list: 

http://static.shopify.com/s/files/1/0147/1442/t/1/assets/WebEtiquette.10_12_1.pdf

If any of this proves to be an issue for anyone in our party, we may need to plan accordingly for another lunch spot.

That all seems reasonable  :thumbup:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »

All in favor?

The smoking thing is the only one that bothers me.  I am guessing it wont be full of smoke at 2pm though so I am ok with it.  Last time I went for lunch it was not a problem.

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
So I completely forgot about this... until now.

Turns out, I've got about 15 cases of Bruery Reserve stuff for people in Atlanta, and the choices are to cart it around on my Christmas travels then bring it, or bring it this weekend... I feel better about going ahead and getting it there now.  So I'll be around later Saturday and part of Sunday.  I've got no interest in Vortex, so perhaps we'll catch up with you at The Porter... or even BSP for a bit
non-conformists are all the same...