search

Author Topic: Key West  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
Key West
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
Headed to Key West for a week with friends.  Will likely be hitting the bars on Duval St. most of the time but we will be renting a house and would like to have some good beer there. 

Any recommendations on where to buy decent brew in the area?  We will have a car but filling it with beer on the drive down from Miami isn't likely an option as when we fly in, people aren't going to want to stop and it'll be pretty full with 4 people and luggage at the time too.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
Re: Key West
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
I think Cigar City is canning soon. You should beg and plead for a short beer stop.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:48:41 PM »
I think Cigar City is canning soon. You should beg and plead for a short beer stop.

Kinda figured that'd likely be the case.  I just don't see us having room in the car.  Other problem is that we're gonna be tired as hell at that point.  We have a wedding the night before on Saturday.  Friend is in the wedding.  Then after that we head to the airport and fly out at 5:30am.  Get into Miami and a 2 hour or so drive to Key West. 

Maybe I can find something on the way out of Miami.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

Offline jmu500

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Places to drink good beer in Key West are:
The Porch on the corner of Caroline and Duval St. It is a cool spot with a good tap list and you can sit on the porch and people watch.

The other I remember is Joes Tap Room which is a small bar attached to Sloppy Joes. Small bar and decent tap list. I cant remember if either sell beer to go but since you can buy beer in the bar and walk out on the street they might be able to sell beer to go.

You can definetely pick up SN Torpedo at the publix along 1A on your way down.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »
Awesome.  Looks like we'll be staying fairly close to Duval.  Most likely in Old Town but maybe just a block or two off it.  Have some suggestions for places to drink including Sloppy Joe's but more are always welcome.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »
Shot the Cigar City employee that handles south Florida an email.

--------

Ben,

Have fun in the Keys.  Check out the Porch in Key West as well as Krawl Off Duval.  These are just two of the many places we are distributed in that area.  Our distributor is Brown Specialty down there.

Cheers, and thanks for the support!

Phil