search

Author Topic: Brac in Atlanta v2.0  (Read 2267 times)

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
Brac in Atlanta v2.0
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
I believe the date for Kevin coming to Atlanta is July 28th, but I will let him confirm here.  Once that is confirmed,   The date for brac to be in Atlanta is the weekend of July 20-22.  So for now we will plan on meeting at Brick Store on the 21st.  I'll send a message to pghlee (Brick Store Manager) to save the date.  So hopefully this time we can hang out in the cellar instead of in a corner upstairs.  Either way, we will have a bottle share after eating lunch at the Brick Store.

Any TBS members that would like to join us, please do.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:00:07 PM by GatorBeerGeek »

Offline everetends

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Barleywine
  • The flightless waterfowl of your nightmares.
    • Birmingham Craft Beer Examiner (aka me!)
Re: Brac in Atlanta v2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »
 :bye:
22:56:51 ‹Javit› :EXCITEDBONAR:
22:56:57 ‹Javit› keep it up gilly, keep it up

Offline ender

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
  • Location: Kicking your asses at SFV and have a summer home in pandora
  • Putting in the hardest work of all, caring...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »
i'll be in ypsilanti at the summer beer fest... otherwise.
rhyder74 on ps4.

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »

ypsilanti?  This is a place? 

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »

ypsilanti?  This is a place?

College/industrial town.  An odd mix.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
I believe the date for Kevin coming to Atlanta is July 28th, but I will let him confirm here.  Once that is confirmed, I'll send a message to pghlee (Brick Store Manager) to save the date.  So hopefully this time we can hang out in the cellar instead of in a corner upstairs.  Either way, we will have a bottle share after eating lunch at the Brick Store.

I think you are a week off.  As far as I know (will need 100% confirmation from wife) but I think the plan is to be in Atlanta the weekend of July 20-22.  Let me also confirm when my wife lets me know and we can go from there.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »
Will this be during Freaknik? :coffee:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
I had thought Freaknik disappeared with the 90's but apparently it was revived last year.  Yay . . .

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
I had thought Freaknik disappeared with the 90's but apparently it was revived last year.  Yay . . .

Not here AFAIK.  There have been some versions of it in Miami I think.  The Mayor announced a couple years ago that there would be no organized Freaknik events in the city of Atlanta unless the organizers wanted to get sued.  That was after a guy tried to bring it back to Atlanta.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
I believe the date for Kevin coming to Atlanta is July 28th, but I will let him confirm here.  Once that is confirmed, I'll send a message to pghlee (Brick Store Manager) to save the date.  So hopefully this time we can hang out in the cellar instead of in a corner upstairs.  Either way, we will have a bottle share after eating lunch at the Brick Store.

I think you are a week off.  As far as I know (will need 100% confirmation from wife) but I think the plan is to be in Atlanta the weekend of July 20-22.  Let me also confirm when my wife lets me know and we can go from there.

This is correct, but we'll see how much I can get away with. 

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »
Message sent to BSP Lee about the date, hope we can get some cellar time (with the lights on) this go around.

Looks like no other Lee though.  He is out West visiting his son.  I know Tara will be disappointed.

Coldchill: Are you joining us?

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 06:22:08 PM »
Looks like we are leaving town on Thursday and running overnight down to Florida.  We will leave Florida either the 19 or 20 for Atlanta.  We still have not booked a place, but I wanted to hear if anyone else was going to spend the night as well so maybe we could coordinate things and do some evening drinking and hanging out as well.  Let me know what you think of this.

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • Foul balls are yours to keep.
    • Bootknocker Brewing Co.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
Coldchill: Are you joining us?

Sorry, can't make it.  Going to the tractor pull with the kids that weekend, plus unexpected car repairs are putting a kink in travel plans.
"Sometimes stunned silence is better than applause."

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
Looks like we are leaving town on Thursday and running overnight down to Florida.  We will leave Florida either the 19 or 20 for Atlanta.  We still have not booked a place, but I wanted to hear if anyone else was going to spend the night as well so maybe we could coordinate things and do some evening drinking and hanging out as well.  Let me know what you think of this.

My friend and I always get together on Friday nights at his house.  It is out in the burbs though, so it may not work for you.  We do not do real hardcore drinking though.  Usually split 3 big bottles between us so I am fine to drive back to my house.  I always get back home by 11pm, so we do not run too late either.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »

My friend and I always get together on Friday nights at his house.  It is out in the burbs though, so it may not work for you.  We do not do real hardcore drinking though.  Usually split 3 big bottles between us so I am fine to drive back to my house.  I always get back home by 11pm, so we do not run too late either.

I will not be able to do that for sure.  After the drive up, the kids will be wound up getting out of the car and bracwife will need the extra hands.  Thanks for the invite!

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »
We probably won't stay the night, but I am up for whatever.   :cheers:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
Response from BSP Lee...

Should be around that day and will let you guys have the keys to the castle

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
Response from BSP Lee...

:spikesfootball:  Hell, yeah!

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
Response from BSP Lee...

:hug:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »
You are a week late getting to Tampa.  If it was not so far I would consider going just to try this.  It is probably the closest it would ever get to tasting like the original cask of Hunahpu I tried.

Hello there boys and "ghouls!" As you may know, tomorrow is Friday the 13th, a very special day indeed! Cigar City "Boo"ery will celebrate by tapping a very special keg! Right when the clock strikes 13:13 (or 1:13pm as it's more commonly known), we will start serving The Ghost of Hunahpu! This "witch's brew" has been aged for several months in Apple Brandy barrels before being moved on top of.....GHOST CHILI PEPPERS! Oh yes this is quite the spicy little treat indeed! Can you handle the "creeping" heat in your throat? We'll be selling snifters, but we will also sell sample sizes for anyone who is (understandably!) "spooked" by this beer! Can you handle the wrath of the ghost? One keg and it's gone! Muahahahahahnogrowlershahaha!

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »
You are a week late getting to Tampa.  If it was not so far I would consider going just to try this.  It is probably the closest it would ever get to tasting like the original cask of Hunahpu I tried.

Hello there boys and "ghouls!" As you may know, tomorrow is Friday the 13th, a very special day indeed! Cigar City "Boo"ery will celebrate by tapping a very special keg! Right when the clock strikes 13:13 (or 1:13pm as it's more commonly known), we will start serving The Ghost of Hunahpu! This "witch's brew" has been aged for several months in Apple Brandy barrels before being moved on top of.....GHOST CHILI PEPPERS! Oh yes this is quite the spicy little treat indeed! Can you handle the "creeping" heat in your throat? We'll be selling snifters, but we will also sell sample sizes for anyone who is (understandably!) "spooked" by this beer! Can you handle the wrath of the ghost? One keg and it's gone! Muahahahahahnogrowlershahaha!

I'm possibly going to be there tomorrow to try this.  I will have to see if I can get permission  :whip:  By my calculation, I can make it before the keg runs dry, but I would have to just get right back in the car after we arrive.  :deadbanana:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »

Already texted him with that info.  :ninja:

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »

One of us is pretending to be working.  So you have an advantage in spreading news  :P

Why don't you take over my video game deal posting duties too :D

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 04:25:45 PM »

One of us is pretending to be working.  So you have an advantage in spreading news  :P

:lol:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »

:lol: :lol:   If you had Facebook, you'd get that info quicker.   ;)

I'll leave the video games to you.  I mean what else would you do all day in your office?

**This message was sent from my office while "working"**

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
I hate you guys. :kickrock:

Offline Ding

• Malt Liquor
    • dingsbeerblog
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
Is this Fri or Sat meet at BSP?
Ding
www.dingsbeerblog.com
@D_I_N_G (100% beer related)

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

Like you'll even show up.   :rolleyes:
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »

Saturday, around opening time is the current plan as far as I know.

Offline Ding

• Malt Liquor
    • dingsbeerblog
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »

Well if I don't know what day it is, I certainly won't.

Do I know you?
Ding
www.dingsbeerblog.com
@D_I_N_G (100% beer related)

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »

Do I know you?

Your best bet is to just show up every day for the next couple of weeks.  YWIA

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »

This is correct.  That way we can get lunch and then my wife and kids will depart leaving us to the real business.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »

Do I know you?

Your best bet is to just show up every day for the next couple of weeks.  YWIA

You guys and your unmoderated nonsense :thumbdown:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »

Do I know you?

Ding, this is the word.  If you are interested in joining us, let me know and I'll make sure to keep you in the loop.   :cheers:

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »

Like we can look to you for for maturity and responsibility. :rolleyes:

:poke:

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »

Like we can look to you for for maturity and responsibility. :rolleyes:

:poke:

I can teach you many things, but neither of those ;D

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »

Not here AFAIK.  There have been some versions of it in Miami I think. 

Black Beach Week

i was in Miami, on South Beach, during this 5 years ago

####ing awesome  :thumbup:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 08:16:28 AM »

Do I know you?

We've bantered. 
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
Well... looks like I might not be able to hang out as long as I had hoped.  Billy has had something come up.  He is trying to make it go away, but it is not sounding promising.  Since we were going to use his daughter as our designated driver it leaves me with only a Marta option.   So I will still do the Brick Store, but hanging out at the hotel afterwards is looking like it might not be in the cards for me at this point since I'll be riding Marta.   :thumbdown:

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
Well... looks like I might not be able to hang out as long as I had hoped.  Billy has had something come up.  He is trying to make it go away, but it is not sounding promising.  Since we were going to use his daughter as our designated driver it leaves me with only a Marta option.   So I will still do the Brick Store, but hanging out at the hotel afterwards is looking like it might not be in the cards for me at this point since I'll be riding Marta.   :thumbdown:

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »

:giggity:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »
Any requests on beers for the tasting? 

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
:jealous:

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »

I trust you.  I need to figure what I am bringing as well. 

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »

You get nothing but Firestone Verticals.   :P

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

You get nothing but Old Glory Verticals.   :P

fixed

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »

You get nothing but Old Glory Verticals.   :P

fixed
Nice!  Thanks for the reminder.  :putstallboyofOldGloryinAtlantabox:

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
Down to crunch time.  What the plan up in this bitch?

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
Down to crunch time.  What the plan up in this bitch?

. . . and btw, Brick Store tap list friggin SUCKS right now.   :thumbdown:  At least we will be in the cellar.