search

Author Topic: Tyranena News Update  (Read 825 times)

Offline James Kitchens

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Barleywine
« on: March 09, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »

tyranena logo

(Lake Mills, WI) - Lots of news from Tyranena to update. Thankfully, they have  put it in email/newsletter form for us. The highlights from below are: (1) Down  'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout is back on tap, (2) Who's Your Daddy Bourbon  Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter will be making its return, (3) Some brewing and  bottling news (below), and (4) Lots of special events dates (also below). All  the details are below...

From the Tyranena email  news:

The Founder's Monologue...

March 7, 2012,

Greeting Fellow Tyranenaeans,

Since I last penned for the newsletter, everything is finally up and running the way it should (well, the equipment anyway). It is a rather exciting time with all of the new equipment actually operating. Our new brite tank has tremendous cooling capacity, which our original brite lacks. A new product/CIP pump allows us to perform multiple operations simultaneously. And our new fermenter should improve our capacity, especially during crunch times (like when Gemuetlichkeit Oktoberfest, Hop Wh0re Imperial IPA and Painted Ladies Pumpkin Spice all come out at roughly the same time). Now it is just down to a matter of employees... sometimes it feels like I am herding cats!

Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout Back On Tap! We are bottling and kegging our final batch of Down 'N Dirty today (hopefully). Should be on tap in the Tasting Room for some time to come. We siphoned off a bit to age in both Rye and Bourbon Whiskey Barrels. Don't know when we will be bringing that out... probably in time for the Great Taste of the Midwest.

Who's Your Daddy Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter To Make A Return. It was our very first Brewers Gone Wild! beer and we are set to brew it again today. It took a little bit of time to look through the archives back to the first brew of 2006, but I was able to find the details of this most wonderful beer. The beer was proclaimed so "perfect" by some that I was reluctant to ever brew it again for fear of this next round not living up to the original. I am hoping that six years will have dulled the memory a bit... although it almost seems that the recollections of its perfection have grown over time.

This will be the inaugural brew into our new fermenter named "Stacey". Why is the new fermenter named Stacey? You might (accurately) guess that Stacey would have thrown a little tantrum down here if I didn't name the tank after her... but that is actually not the real reason. I made one error in designing the tank... so this fermenter is going generate a bit more waste and isn't going to work quite the way I want. So that is why it is named "Stacey". :)

(Note from Stacey: Snide comments made in the newsletter do not change or detract from the fact that this tank bares my name... Woot! And, yes, I even hugged the tall, bald Nazi for it.)

S.V.A.N.

SWEATER VEST AWARENESS NIGHT. Ah... you thought I'd forgotten, didn't you? (Conrad sure hoped I had...) But Sweater Vest Awareness Night is back... TOMORROW NIGHT!

Unfamiliar with the cause? It's simple... Conrad, our Beer Ambassador, is single-handedly trying to bring back the sweater vest (well... with a little help from Justin Timberlake). We can't leave one of our own, alone and twisting in the wind! So we're trying to help a guy out in his mission (to bring back the sweater vest, that is) by having this event.

What does that mean for you? On Thursday, March 8, wear a sweater vest to the Tasting Room and get a free pint! And, probably, you'll get to hang out with Conrad for the evening.

That's it... Simple. Fun. And an opportunity to give the BA BA a jab... And hey, there's a free beer involved. Join us!

This Week at the Brewery...

Brewing: a double batch of Rocky's Revenge, a double batch of Bitter Woman IPA, a single batch of Who's Your Daddy? Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter and a single batch of Three Beaches Honey Blonde.

Bottling: Bitter Woman IPA (Monday) and Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (Wednesday). If there are any mislabels, they will be available in the Tasting Room when it opens Wednesday evening. Please do not call or email and ask for cases to be held; they are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Wednesday is Pitcher Night. That means $8.00 pitchers and Gardetto's snack mix.

Thursday is S.V.A.N. See the event listings above or below this section... just in case you missed it. Should be a lot of fun again this year. :)

Thursday is Thirsty Thursday. Thirsty Thursday is your opportunity to earn a beer on us. Each time you join us in the Tasting Room on a Thursday night you'll receive one stamp for each tap beer you purchase on your Thirsty Thursday card. Buy yourself a well deserved beer, earn a stamp. Buy someone else a beer, earn another stamp. When the card is full, turn it in for a free pint!

Saturday is a Technical Tour with Adam. Adam, our assistant brewer, will grace anyone interested with a free brewery tour on Saturday afternoon at 3:30 pm. Grab a beer and meet him in the lobby. While we now offer tours every Saturday, this is a "technical" tour... expect it to be longer and more in-depth to suffice your inner beer geek.

Saturday is Live Music - The Stellanovas. The Stellanovas play music they like to call cafe jazz. It's jazz, it's folk, it's original music and stuff you've heard somewhere before. It's happy and sad and whimsical. It's violin, cello, guitar, accordion, some singing and the occasional ukulele.

The Stellanovas - Café Jazz - 7:00 to 10:00 pm

Upcoming Events...

Sunday is... the Last Day of the Weekend! Coming down to the brewery may be your only chance to avoid all that housework or any other assigned special projects. Join us between 12 noon and 8:00 p.m. (Sundays are GREAT days for filling growlers for the week!)

Thursday, March 8 - Sweater Vest Awareness Night. Unfamiliar with this cause? It's simple... Conrad, our Beer Ambassador, is single-handedly trying to bring back the sweater vest (well... with a little help from Justin Timberlake). We can't leave one of our own, alone and twisting in the wind! So we're trying to help a guy out in his mission (to bring back the sweater vest, that is) by having this event. What does that mean for you? On Thursday, March 8, wear a sweater vest to the Tasting Room and get a free pint! And, probably, you'll get to hang out with Conrad for the evening.

Saturday, March 17 - St. Patrick's Day. Not sure that that means anything in particular... but just so you are aware... :)

Sunday, April 8 - Tasting Room CLOSED, Easter.

Saturday, May 5 - Group Garage Sale, 10 am to 3 pm.

Sunday, May 6 - Great Taste Ticket Sales. Assuming we are a ticket outlet again this year...

Sunday, May 13 - Mother's Day.

Sunday, May 20 - Chilton Bus Trip (tentative).

Link to Tyranena news

"Tenny mucho mucho deniro in su trucky trailer?"

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
Re: Tyranena News Update
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 08:47:01 PM »
Anybody heading to this by chance? ISO

Introducing TWENTY-ONE - Our Upcoming 21st Anniversary Celebration Beer

We had so much fun at our first Anniversary Party (marking our 20th year) where we released our first Anniversary Beer (TWENTY) that we decided for a repeat.

TWENTY-ONE is a Double Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout... more specifically, this fine imperial stout base was aged in fresh Heaven Hill bourbon barrels for about 6 months, then transferred again and aged for about another 6 months in fresh Heaven Hill bourbon barrels.

The result is a delightfully complex beer...having a dramatic nose of vanilla, chocolate, caramelized sugar, toasted marshmallow with subtle notes of raisin, tobacco, and leather. The flavor follows the nose with chocolate, raisin, and tobacco, as well as hints of black licorice and molasses, with a pleasant alcohol warmth.

TWENTY-ONE weighs in at 13.9% ABV, 21 IBUs and a color of 102 SRM.

This limited release will be available at our 21st Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, September 19. Event ticket holders get their first taste at 11 am and then, at 3 pm, it will go on tap for all to enjoy! Please note the brewery will be closed to all but event ticket holders until 3 pm.

We bottled a very limited amount of this release; event ticket holders are guaranteed a 4-pack as part of their ticket. The remainder will go on sale, first-come and first-serve, after 3 pm (no limit on your purchase) for $20 per 4-pack. Eventually, the beer will also be available for growler and howler fills in our Tasting Room. (For the sanity of our staff, we will not be doing growler or howler fills on Saturday, 9/19.)

Cheers & we hope you enjoy!
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
Re: Tyranena News Update
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:05 PM »
Blast from the past. I haven’t had a beer from them in a very long time.