search

Author Topic: Minnesota Breweries Popping up Everywhere  (Read 9747 times)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
Re: Minnesota Breweries Popping up Everywhere
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2021, 10:26:17 AM »
Thoughts on Falling Knife? Hopleaf just had a launch party for them. :popcorn:

They do a nice job on their beers.  Recommended. :ale:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »

Cool, thanks :cheers:

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2021, 01:18:31 PM »

Agreed. Tried a couple of theirs at Great Taste and enjoyed them a lot.  Good folks as well.
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »

Agreed. Tried a couple of theirs at Great Taste and enjoyed them a lot.  Good folks as well.

Nice, thanks! Hope they left some kegs at Hopleaf. Don't see any drafts on the current list.

Offline thewimperoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2021, 05:03:28 PM »

Nice, thanks! Hope they left some kegs at Hopleaf. Don't see any drafts on the current list.

I saw Green Lady had tapped a bunch of their beers a week or so ago.  Not sure if they still have any flowing though.
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2021, 10:07:00 PM »

I saw Green Lady had tapped a bunch of their beers a week or so ago.  Not sure if they still have any flowing though.
Good to know, they always get some good out of market stuff, but I never make it to the events.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2022, 11:23:07 AM »
Anyone been to Blackstack? :popcorn: Popped up randomly on a Quad Cities beer show I watch off & on, Brewed. Was more interested in hearing Matt the barrel guy talk, but the other two ate up most of the time. <_<

https://youtu.be/GLa21exFKiI

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2022, 11:28:43 AM »
Anyone been to Blackstack? :popcorn: Popped up randomly on a Quad Cities beer show I watch off & on, Brewed. Was more interested in hearing Matt the barrel guy talk, but the other two ate up most of the time. <_<

https://youtu.be/GLa21exFKiI

It's a short walk from my desk at work, but I don't go there.   :mellow:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2022, 03:18:34 PM »

Friendly rivalry, or they suck balls?

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2022, 03:38:14 PM »

No rivalry.  First off, the service at their place is by far the worst I've had at a brewery.  Sitting at the bar even, it's hard to get another beer.  Knowing Waddell from previous ventures, I wouldn't drink anything he makes.  His sanitation leaves a lot to be desired.  For the most part, the rest of their lineup is hazy this and that with the same hops in different addition orders with new names.  They cater to hipsters and tickers.  Just not my cup of tea. :shrug:

The same owners own Bricksworth in a Southern Suburbs of the cities, and that's one of my favorite places.  Bricksworth also has food and Tyler does a great job on a wide variety of beers.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2022, 05:39:30 PM »

No rivalry.  First off, the service at their place is by far the worst I've had at a brewery.  Sitting at the bar even, it's hard to get another beer.  Knowing Waddell from previous ventures, I wouldn't drink anything he makes.  His sanitation leaves a lot to be desired.  For the most part, the rest of their lineup is hazy this and that with the same hops in different addition orders with new names.  They cater to hipsters and tickers.  Just not my cup of tea. :shrug:

The same owners own Bricksworth in a Southern Suburbs of the cities, and that's one of my favorite places.  Bricksworth also has food and Tyler does a great job on a wide variety of beers.
Good to know. Wait, this is the same guy from Wild Mind that was involved in that fiasco awhile back?? Where they thought they invented wild ale and it was proprietary, therefore he wasn't allowed to make it anywhere else? :blink: :lol:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 10:36:27 PM by emerge »

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2022, 10:16:23 PM »

Good to know. Wait, this is the same guy from Wild Mind that was involved in that fiasco awhile back?? Where they thought they invented wild ale and it was proprietary, therefore he wasn't make it anywhere else? :blink: :lol:

Yes, same guy.