rss feed Twitter Feed Facebook Fan Page
Sign In
Not Registered Yet? Register to have access to all content.

Did you miss your activation email?
Latest Reviews
Latest Drinks
Latest Beers Added

Swabs and Stanky's CO Trip
Posted Monday, June 28th, 2010 by cjsell

Monday - "How did I get here?"

While I'm going through the normal Monday of procrastination at work, I send my bro a text asking him if he's in Casper yet.  This is the conversation that followed

Smelly: Nope, in Gillette

Swabs: , you realize that's the wrong way?

Smelly: I know



Apparently he was  and missed the very obvious intersection.  When he finally arrived we went and grabbed some chow and beers at Altitude's Chop House.  We pull out the seasonal beer menu and see a Flemish Red on it.  For some reason both of us ordered it when I new it was going to be sketchy.  Turned out to be awesome...........if you like drinking oak.  After managing to pound those out we tried the IPA, which was a little better.


After that we took some of his homebrew back to my place and knocked them out along with some NG beers I just got from Brac.  The ones I know we had were "old" Enigma and "new" enigma and the R&D.  


Tuesday - Moving, it sucks

We start the hauling of big items to the new place and .  I couldn't drink that night because I had to get blood drawn the next day, so I got to watch him drink all the leftovers from the camping trip.  The roomates busted out some George Dickel before they left and apparently smells was a little lit.  "This bottle of Dickel is gonna be gone by the end of the night".  I went to bed and before I could even get my head on the pillow I hear *meet george jetson*.  This was followed by several *ding*s and some loud rap music.  I could have sworn I heard him heaving in the bathroom later on, but he wouldn't admit to it the day.  Oh, and there was still Dickel left in the bottle when I woke up.  What a puss.


Wednesday - Professional Baseball Umping

After more moving, we head to watch my nephew pitch in his last game of the season.  While sitting in the stands, someone asks all of us (about 5 people) if anyone wants to be the 2nd base ump.  After watching everyone else act like they didn't hear him, I said fuck it let's do this damn thang.  I ended up getting really tired of standing in one spot and making no calls.  Oh, I did get heckled by my sister-in-law for the one call I had at 1st base.


After finally getting done with the longest little league game in history, we headed back to the house for a little tasting with a buddy.  Here's what I remember drinking.

- Odiferous Blueberry Lambic

- LeBleu

- Nate's Homebrew Belgian Wit (brewing on Altitude's equipment for GABF)

- Nogne O Barleywine

- La Folie 10th Anniversary

- Old Inventory Barleywine

- 07 Bigfoot

- Damnation

- Odiferous Saison w/ Brett


Thursday/Friday -

We started off the day by pretty much finishing the move.  Then we went and played softball with my company's team.  Smells was forced to play with a right handed glove at 1st base, which worried me a little.  I figured he'd be ok as long as he didn't have to throw.  Unfortunately he still had to bat.  That SOB took 2 f##kin walks!  What is sissy ass bitch.


After the game we headed to The Alibi where we began our epic night.  We had to try some of the Saratoga brews so we tried their RIPA, Summer Ale, and Chocolate Honey Rye Porter.  Smelly also had a few Lagunitas IPAs after not liking the RIPA.  After meeting up with a few friends, we headed down to the Front St. Tavern.  We ordered a pitcher of the Saratoga Helles, wait we ordered 2 pitchers.  Apparently the bartender had a man crush on me because I was the last one to show up to the bar and he walked straight up to me.  The "Helles" pitchers showed up and were clearly mislabeled, as they were identical to the Irish Red.  Oh well, after a while smells started telling us we needed to go up to this asian chick and say "Ni Hau".  Apparently this is a sure fire way to hook up with asians.     After finishing what had to have been about 5 pitchers which were about 9% we decided to head out to another bar.


I believe this is where the night went wrong.  I remember getting there and bits and pieces here and there, but man.....  Apparently smelly told this girl I know "Your aqua tank top is playa".  When I heard this the next day I nearly shot beer out of nose.  Anyhoo, the next thing you know I'm waking up at 11:45 haggard as all getout with blood all over my pillow and my roomates dog sleeping at my feet.  I had a conference call with a client at noon.  Needless to say I was going to be a little late.  I go and try to wake myself up and brush my teeth and such, then go in and wake up smelly.  


Swabs: What the f###?

Smelly: Dude, I woke up on some cement porch this morning

Swabs:  Get the f### outta here

Smelly: No shit, I got up and pissed in the middle of the street then wandered around for like an hour before I found the house.

Swabs: Jebus, I'll talk to you later I have to go to f###in work.


I went to work, had the most unproductive/unprepared meeting ever, and left.  I went back home passed out on the couch for a couple hours.  Also, smelly apparently left his cell phone at Front St. and I had a message from his wife at midnight.  I also found out that I left a couple of voicemails.  One to my roommate "Puuuuusssssy, pussy, pussy, pussy, heeeeeeeeeeeeey pussy".  Another to my friend we were going to stay with in Denver.  "HEY ASSHOLE! *loud bar noises*"  After finally getting everything out of the old place and "cleaned" we headed off for CO.  The initial plan of leaving at 1:00 clearly failed as it was already past 5:00.


We get into Ft.Collins and start heading towards O'dells and find out it is already closed. I then get a text from Oxy asking if he missed us at Grimm Brothers.  I said nope, we just suck at being on time.  We end up stopping in after he was nice enough to wait around for us.  He then proceeded to fill us with beer as he gave us a little tour of the brewery.  Place is looking awesome and the beers he had were sublime.  I had a smoked sour, dopplebock, weizenbock, BSDA, and some sorta smoked ale.


From there we headed on down to Denver where we met up with some friends at the Cheeky Monk.  On the way smells was doing the grown man pee-pee dance and eventually had to pull over into a parking lot.  He may or may not have peed a little in his drawers.  I'm not authorized to comment further on this.  Had a few beers and some food (4 cheese grilled cheese with bacon was tits).  Had a Saison Dupont, Ruination and something else.  Then hit the hay after a little blaze back at their place.


Saturday -

We wake up and sit around for a while before heading out to watch the soccer game.  Drank a few Ranger IPAs and Hazed and Infused with some awesome brunch and then left once the game went into extra time because we had to go pick up another Widespread Panic ticket.  I was getting sick of listening to all the tards in the bar anyways and don't really like soccer.  Smells went his own way and I never heard back from him.  I heard he drank a lot of MGD and some others at a buddy's.  We went to Red Rocks and hiked around like idiots before finding who we were looking for.  We left, got some grub and giant margaritas and headed back for the show.  It was amazing, and their new light show is bitchin.  Afterwards and being a little lit in more than one way, I wandered out to the parking lot on the wrong side of the venue.  I got all the way down the hill and into the darkness before I decided I should turn around and find out where I should be.  Finally find the car and everyone sitting around waiting for me.  Oops.